This blog is devoted to discussing the pursuit of eternal life.
Discussion and participation by readers is desired,
but contributions should correlate to the book,
The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology
of Perseverance & Assurance

by
Thomas R. Schreiner
& Ardel B. Caneday



Thursday, June 14, 2007

Excerpt from John Piper's Latest Forthcoming Book

John Piper has completed his latest book, The Future of Justification: A Response to N.T. Wright. According to Abraham Piper, the book should be published by mid-November, in time for release at the Evangelical Theological Society annual meetings in San Diego.

Read an excerpt of the book's conclusion here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Care to venture any preliminary analysis of Piper's arguments?

Personally, I'm afraid that Piper has misunderstood Wright (and I'm not just saying that because that's a common defense of Wright). I love both Piper and Wright, and I would hate to see anything negative come of this "discussion."

abcaneday said...

Since the excerpt is only a portion of the book's conclusion, I feel that it would be presumptuous for me to offer any analysis of it. I will await publication of the whole book, lest I speak out of turn in either direction.

I may be wrong to say this, but I think that N. T. Wright would have little, if any, problem with the excerpt. At least, given my understanding of Wright's views, I think he would not raise any substantive dispute with John's excerpt.