This blog is devoted to discussing the pursuit of eternal life.
Discussion and participation by readers is desired,
but contributions should correlate to the book,
The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology
of Perseverance & Assurance

by
Thomas R. Schreiner
& Ardel B. Caneday



Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Review of The Race Set Before Us

Kevin McFadden reviews The Race Set Before Us.

A few things in the review prompt me to smile. One of those is the attempt to do source criticism, venturing who wrote which chapters. It seems that Tom and I must have done a fairly good job veiling who wrote each chapter.

2 comments:

Drew Hunter said...

I had done similar "source criticism" on my reading. I came with similar conclusions.
2, 4, 5: Schreiner
3, 7, 8: Caneday

1 and 6 were left open for future research, although I lean towards Schreiner on 1 because of his past article that covered similar ground.

abcaneday said...

Drew,

We could make this a game, sort of like Mastermind. Here's a clue. Of the eight chapters, you correctly identified three.