This blog is devoted to discussing the pursuit of eternal life.
Discussion and participation by readers is desired,
but contributions should correlate to the book,
The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology
of Perseverance & Assurance

by
Thomas R. Schreiner
& Ardel B. Caneday



Saturday, May 08, 2010

Sabbatical Leave for Writing

Our Northwestern College administrators have officially posted the list of faculty members who will be taking sabbaticals during academic years 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. So, I am permitted to announce that I will be taking a full academic year sabbatical for 2010-2011. For the next fifteen months my overwhelming focus will be to complete current writing projects and to begin some new ones in anticipation of completing some of them also. Consequently, I will be significantly reducing the amount of blogging that I will be doing. I plan to keep my new blog ἐξήγησις active. This one, however, I intend to suspend.

Please pray for me as I endeavor to suck out all the marrow of life for the next fifteen months for the purpose of full devotion to writing.

2 comments:

Nick Nowalk said...

Exciting! What are some of your writing projects, if you are at liberty to say?

abcaneday said...

I have an essay due on Galatians 4:21-31. I anticipate that it will be a ground-breaking essay in that I will be proposing that Paul reasons from the Genesis narrative, via Isaiah 54, that the Abraham narrative is given allegorically. Paul does not impose an allegorical interpretation onto the text; rather, the text itself is allegorical. This is not to suggest that because it is allegorical that it is not also historical. Rather, it is both. There really was a Sarah, a Hagar, an Ishmael, etc., and they bear symbolic significances in the Genesis narrative.

This is one of several essays I have planned. I have a couple of book proposals in mind also, but I'm not ready to announce them.